Joan Swenson ---Tallgrass Recovery
Julie Schoolmeester--Face It Together Sioux Falls
They are the headliners but between the lines--helping those with Addiction and Recovery needs.
Those who have appeared today and in the past have been thru addiction ---and many are now mentors to help others.
In addition to 13 months on the air with It's YOUR Business---they provide a number of events for you to get involved and learn more.
Events discussed on Tuesday's show...
- Last day of the Sioux Falls Hyvee Stores smile program --with matching funds to help those working with those addicted. Check stands the place to go.
- The NAMI Walk at Sertoma Park this weekend. Wendy Giebink--Executive Director of the National Alliance on Mental Health explains along with Joan and Julie.
- Summer Sober June 21st--Elizabeth Venrick will teach a yoga class. Tallgrass had the first YOGA in the Park this past weekend--Facebook and Twitter have more details.
- June 28th--Canaries Falls Park -- Day Walk-night baseball fun
- July 14th--Golf Tournament -- Dave Janza in charge
- July 17-19--Jazz Fest -- Tall Grass and Face it Together have a partnership with a Gratitude Tent
- September 6th--March into the Light
- September---Joan special---Art Festival
If you have questions about Addiction -- this is the show that can give you some food for thought.