Sioux Falls, SD KELO AM) - Celebrate our nation’s Independence Day with Mayor Mike Huether on Friday, July 4, 2014, at the 4th of July Family Parade & Picnic at Falls Park. This event will feature a free lunch for the first 5,000 attendees, live music and entertainment, as well as a 5K run/walk and a parade down Phillips Avenue.
“The 4th of July Family Parade & Picnic is a favorite of mine,” says Mayor Mike Huether. “Our city celebrates our country’s independence in an incredibly special way, so this is one event you won’t want to miss!”
The event schedule for the celebration includes:
- 8 a.m.—5K fun run/walk will begin at Falls Park. Register online by Wednesday, June 25, and receive a free T-shirt. Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. outside the Overlook Café.
- 10 a.m.—Parade will begin at 13th Street and will travel down Phillips Avenue to Falls Park. To join in the parade, register your entry at www.siouxfalls.org/parade. Parade entry check-in is at the intersection of Main Avenue and 10th Street at 8:15 a.m.
- 11 a.m.—A free lunch will be served for the first 5,000 people in attendance.
- 11:30 a.m.—The Sioux Falls Municipal Band will perform.
- 12 p.m.—A short program will include the presentation of the flags, the singing of the national anthem, and a welcome address by Mayor Mike.
- 12:30 p.m.—Mogen’s Heroes will perform.
- 1:30 p.m.—Bare Bodkins Theatre Shakespeare presentation will take place in the Queen Bee Mill.
For more information about all of the day’s festivities, go to www.siouxfalls.org/july4.