- Annual Buffalo Days- Friday & Saturday Luverne, MN
Tonight the annual Cruise-In will be held, with activities all weekend! Arts in the Park at Luverne City Park features artists, crafters, and food vendors. Entertainment and more for children throughout the day, Saturday is the parade, and Sunday, the Buffalo Days Hoe-Down at the Fairgrounds. Pie and Ice Cream Social.
- 16th Annual RibFest- Friday to Sunday @ Sioux Falls Arena
The event has become one of the region’s largest festivals attracting up to 45,000 festival goers last year. Eight world-famous barbeque vendors are set to compete for cash prizes and bragging rights as People’s Choice champion, or Critic’s Choice winner
- Sioux Falls Canaries vs Wichita Wingnuts
Friday 7:05pm @ Sioux Falls Stadium, Canaries Baseball Bats: Free Fireworks Friday!Saturday 7:05pm @ Sioux Falls Stadium, The first 500 fans receive a Canaries baseball bat, presented by Schoeneman's LumberSunday 1:05pm @ Sioux Falls Stadium
- Seuss Falls: Discovering the Art and Science of Dr. Seuss, Washington Pavilion, Sioux Falls
Located in Everist Gallery and Kirby Science Discovery Center; www.washingtonpavilion.org
- Beresford Citywide Rummage- Friday & Saturday, Beresford
For a map of rummages, visit www.beresfordchamber.com
- Firefighting film: BURN- Friday 8pm & Saturday 7pm @ Washington Pavilion
BURN is an action-packed film about firefighters, told through the eyes of the crew of Detroit's Engine Company 50, one of the busiest firehouses in the country. BURN unflinchingly captures the lives of these brave men and women who put their lives on the line for an arson-plagued city that many have written off as dead.
- Falls Park Farmers Market- Saturday @ Falls Park
Features fresh produce, flowers, meats and more at Falls Park.
- Siouxland Renaissance Festival- Saturday 10am-6pm & Sunday 10am-5pm @ W.H. Lyon Fairgrounds
Play in the past with the Siouxland Renaissance Association at the 12th Annual Festival filled with jousting, Celtic Heavy Games, live entertainment, historic demonstrations, childrens activities, vendors, Beal pub tent and more.
- Bikes & Babes’ Rally 4 Miracles- Saturday @ J & L Harley-Davidson
Starting locations include Sioux Falls, Mitchell, Chamberlain, Brookings, Aberdeen, Madison, Vermillion, Watertown and Orange City. All rides end at J&L Harley Davidison by 4 p.m.
- National Trails Day Hikes- Saturday 8am @ George S. Mickelson Trail, Lead
A 7-mile walk/run/bike from the Lead High School to the Deadwood Trailhead. The first 100 registrants get a T-shirt. Registration is $15 per person or a team of four for $45. Park license required.
- National Trails Day Hikes-Saturday 1pm @ Custer State Park
Hikers will hike to one of the highest points in the Black Hills, near Sylvan Lake. Hiking through a spruce-pine forest, then scrambling through a rocky terrain, participants venture to the summit of a geological landscape. This hike is considered strenuous and not recommended for people with health conditions or physical limitations. Meet at the General Store Parking Lot.
- Bakker Crossing Grand Opening BIG CUP Tournament- Saturday @ Bakker Crossing Golf Course
Features a 4-Person Scramble; www.bakkercrossing.com.
- The SID Shootout Golf Tournament- Saturday 8am & 2pm @ Willow Run Golf Course
- 24th Annual Brandon Lions Leisure Bike Ride- Saturday 9am @ Brandon Valley High School
Novice or serious riders may choose from 12, 24, 42, or 52 mile ride. Lunch at Pizza Ranch (all-you-can-eat) follows. For the 42/52 mile riders, there will be a halfway stop with snacks and refreshments. Rain or shine (except in case of lightning). For information, call Steve at 582-6327, Lance at 582-3554, or Dick at 582-3878.
- After Earth (PG13)- Will and Jaden Smith play a father and son (big stretch) stranded on earth 1,000 years after cataclysmic events forced humanity to escape. When dad becomes critically injured, it’s up to the son to face his fears and go for help through uncharted terrain.
- Now You See Me (PG13)- An FBI agent and an Interpol detective track a team of illusionists who pull off bank heists during their performances and reward their audiences with the money. Starring Jesse Eisenberg, Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson and Isla Fisher.