I don't know why it happens, but when we set a goal to lose weight, we somehow forget about how to use common sense! We'll try anything from fad diets to magic little pills. But having success with a diet and exercise routine can be much easier if you stick to the basics.
Here's some tips and reminders I use to keep myself on track!
- Don’t skip meals, you’re less likely to make healthy choices when you are starving when you eat
- Never go on a diet when you’re under a lot of stress
- A short bout of exercise each day is more effective than longer, less frequent periods (I’m super guilty of this…putting off the gym because I don’t time for an epic work out…still go and do SOMETHING!!)
- Eating too little can backfire. Never have less than 1,200 calories in a day, or you may slow down your metabolism
- A slip up doesn’t have to lead to an entire day of overeating. Just resolve to make better choices at your next meal.
- And, finally, always keep in mind that weight loss doesn't happen over night. Be consistant, get those work outs in and do your best to make healthy choices at meal time. That is the best formula for success!